|Season 3, Episode 6|
|Air date||October 25, 2010|
|Written by||David Amann|
|Directed by||Bill Roe|
When a woman's dead body shows signs of an old killer's handiwork, Castle and Beckett discover that the Triple Killer, a murderer who vanished four years prior, may have returned. Meanwhile, Alexis has a secret admirer.
- Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle
- Stana Katic as Detective Kate Beckett
- Jon Huertas as Detective Javier Esposito
- Seamus Dever as Detective Kevin Ryan
- Tamala R. Jones as Dr. Lanie Parish
- Ruben Santiago-Hudson as Captain Roy Montgomery
- Molly C. Quinn as Alexis Castle
- Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers
- Lee Tergesen as Marcus Gates
- Michael Mosley as Jerry Tyson
- Brian Klugman as Paul McCardle
- Anne Marie Howard as Angela Russo
- Joe O'Connor as Cal Townsend
- Ping Wu as Dr. Lee
- Mark Berry as Warden John Peck (uncredited)
- Castle (joining the other officers' shouting at Marcus and ends up being heard over and after them): You heard the man! Put your hands in the air and get on your knees while you're at it!
- Beckett: Tell me something, Castle. Why did he let you live?
- Castle: To punish me. Make me pay for ruining his plan. Now he’s going to kill again, all because I couldn't stop him. And I feel so …
- Beckett: I know the feeling.
- Castle: I know you do.
- Montgomery (giving the 3XK-profile to the precinct): ...The Feds say he's a white male, 25 to 35 years old...
- Castle (to Beckett): Could be me
- Montgomery: ..with a disfunctional relationship with his mother...
- Castle (to Beckett): Still me
- Montgomery: ..he has a menial, unimportant job...
- Beckett: Definitly you
- Castle: Just for that I base my next book on Esposito
Featured Music Edit
- "Without You" by Derek Evry
- "A Million Ways" by Uncle Lucius
- Foreshadowing: Beckett writes Tyson's name down after talking to prison officials about Gates's known associates. Castle mis-reads her handwriting as "Jelly Tyson" and before leaving to meet Tyson, he corrects the spelling on her pad. This foreshadows Castle realizing the mistaken identity of the Triple Killer.
- The seedy motel where the police have housed Jerry Tyson has a pool. While common in L.A., where Castle is filmed, this is almost unheard of in New York City, for reasons of climate and real estate expense.
- It was never explained where Jerry got the $100,000 to pay for Paul's operation.
- Each of the people questioned on-camera in this episode is guilty of at least some of the Triple Killer murders: Paul McCardle, Marcus Gates, and Jerry Tyson.
- Castle's cell phone image of his mother is a publicity still of her from when she was much younger.
- Beckett holds hands with Castle to comfort him. This is the first time they've held hands. She also brings him coffee for a change.
- Ryan's gun, stolen in this episode, reappears in "Kick the Ballistics".