|Andrew W. Marlowe|
Andrew W. Marlowe is an American screenwriter and the creator of Castle.
He graduated from Columbia University with a degree in English Literature, and attended the University of Southern California where he obtained his MFA in Screenwriting.
He won the Nicholl Fellowship award for screenwriting for his script The Lehigh Pirates. Apogee, a space-based adventure he wrote soon after, sold for $500,000. He would go on to write screenplays for movies such as Air Force One, End of Days and Hollow Man.
He has also written the unproduced scripts Hammer Down, Alien Prison and a western intended for Harrison Ford and John Woo. He is currently the executive producer and is writing on the ABC series, Castle, which he created. He also is working on two film screenplays, Manhunt and a film adaptation of the comic book series Nick Fury.
Marlowe lives in Los Angeles with wife and fellow screenwriter Terri Edda Miller, and their two children.
Marlowe has been proposed as the possible real-life ghostwriter (or co-writer) of Heat Wave. He and his wife had a brief cameo in the 100th episode ("The Lives of Others") as neighbors in the building across the way, whom Castle dismissively skips over with a, "Hmm, must be writers.".
- "Probable Cause"
- "Hunt" (Part 2)
- "The Lives of Others" (co-written with Terri Edda Miller)
- "Time Will Tell" (co-written with Terri Edda Miller)
- "Under Fire" (co-written with David Amann)
- "In the Belly of the Beast" (co-written with David Amann)
- "For Better or Worse" (co-written with Terri Edda Miller)
- Made an uncredited cameo appearances in the 100th episode The Lives of Others with his wife and fellow Castle writer Terri Edda Miller as neighbors in the building across the way from the Castle's loft.