|He's Dead, She's Dead|
|Season 3, Episode 2|
|Air date||September 27, 2010|
|Written by||Moira Kirland|
|Directed by||John Terlesky|
A famous medium is found dead, stuffed in a sofa-bed, by her daughter. Castle seems convinced that the medium predicted her own murder, but Beckett thinks she's a fake and a charlatan. Who's right? Meanwhile, Castle's mother is dealing with traumatic events in her own life.
- Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle
- Stana Katic as Detective Kate Beckett
- Jon Huertas as Detective Javier Esposito
- Seamus Dever as Detective Kevin Ryan
- Tamala R. Jones as Dr. Lanie Parish
- Ruben Santiago-Hudson as Captain Roy Montgomery
- Molly C. Quinn as Alexis Castle
- Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers
- Bess Armstrong as Paula Casillas
- Rachel Boston as Penny Marchand
- Mercedes Masöhn as Marina Casillas
- Bre Blair as Toni Johnston
- Rick Ravanello as Steve Adams
- David Gianopoulos as Albert Moreno
- Evan Helmuth as Nick Johnston
- Kieren Hutchison as Cody Donnelly
- Paige Rowland as Loreen Carter
- Patricia Tallman as Vivian Marchand (uncredited)
- Castle: I’m just willing to admit that there are people in this world who are more sensitive than me.
- Beckett: Now that’s not hard to believe.
- Castle: Walked right into that one.
- "The Librarian" - Laura Jane Scott
- It's revealed in this episode, that Castle's birth name was Richard Alexander Rodgers but he changed his middle name to Edgar in deference to Edgar Allan Poe at the same time that he changed his last name from Rodgers to Castle, making his legal name Richard Edgar Castle.