|Season 6, Episode 13|
|Air date||January 20, 2014|
|Written by||Rob Hanning|
|Directed by||Bill Roe|
When a rising young pop star is found dead in an alley, Castle and Beckett delve into the victim’s out-of-control hard-partying lifestyle, but as they dig deeper, a shocking revelation threatens to rock their investigation.
- Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle
- Stana Katic as Det. Kate Beckett
- Jon Huertas as Det. Javier Esposito
- Seamus Dever as Det. Kevin Ryan
- Tamala Jones as Dr. Lanie Parish
- Penny Johnson Jerald as Captain Victoria Gates
- Molly C. Quinn as Alexis Castle
- Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers (credited only)
- Alexandra Chando as Mandy Sutton
- Lola Glaudini as Marilyn Sutton
- Bug Hall as Jesse Jones
- Greg Cromer as Harvey Stryker
- Peter Holden as Ken Castor
- Kelly McCreary as Kelly Jane
- Carlton Byrd as Sam
- Sean McGowan as James Lockhart
- Brad Benedict as Zach Benton
- Jennifer Ferdinand as Woman
- Henning Fischer as Photographer
- Brian Fitzpatrick as Doorman
- Myko Olivier as Pi
- Carly Steel as TV Reporter
- Deanna Moore as Claire Samuels (uncredited)
- Castle: It took me less time to write the last Derek Storm novel and although both are works of fiction as least that one was believable.
- Castle: Yeah, and just because I’m a public figure doesn’t mean you need to be one too, I know.
- Beckett: Exactly.
- Castle: As long as you don’t mind this sort of thing happening.
- Beckett: I don’t. ‘Cause it’s not true. And it only gives me more material to torture you with.
- Castle: And the student becomes the master.
- Beckett: Do you believe everything that they write in the newspapers?
- Esposito: Hell no. I mean, except for that thing between Castle and his ex-wife, I mean…
- Beckett: Where’s Castle?
- Ryan: He’s having dinner with his other ex-wife. Something about her not wanting to feel left out.
- Esposito: Good one.
- Ryan: He’s holed up in the break room writing that letter for Alexis’ boyfriend.
- Beckett: Thank you.
- Alexis: The thing about my boyfriend is, I thought I was being so grown up, moving in with him, getting my own place, but now it’s my whole life and I’m pretty sure I've made a huge mistake. Do you know why I’m helping him with his grant application? Because if he gets it, he’ll have to travel.
- Mandy Sutton: That is messed up. You need tell him.
- Alexis: Tell him what? That I've changed my mind? I don’t want a relationship? We have a lease.
- Mandy: That’s romantic.
- Alexis: And he doesn't deserve it. He hasn't done anything wrong. Oh, and then there’s my Dad. What do I tell him, huh? That he was right all along? That I wasn't ready?
- Mandy: I wish I would have said that. I wasn't ready for so many things.
- Alexis: Do you ever look back on something you've done and it’s like someone else is doing it?
- Mandy: You’re kidding, right?
- Beckett: Castle?
- Castle: Hum?
- Beckett: Should I be worried about your commitment to our engagement?
- Castle: No, why?
- Beckett: Because it says right here you’re getting back together with your ex-wife.
- Castle: What?
- "Applause" - Lady Gaga
- In this episode, Beckett decides to announce to the papers her engagement to Castle.
- At the end of this episode, Alexis expressed doubt about her relationship with Pi.
- Beckett chooses to announce her and Castle's engagement partly because the newspapers were suggesting that he was getting back together with his ex-wife, Gina Cowell, who does not appear. The other part was because she wanted any story about Castle's love life to be about them.