|Season 3, Episode 23|
|Air date||May 9, 2011|
|Written by||Terri Miller|
|Directed by||Jeff Bleckner|
Castle and Beckett are called to investigate when a contestant in a beauty pageant is found strangled and every suspect has a motive to commit murder, including jealous fellow contestants, the pageant's sponsor, and the show's host.
- Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle
- Stana Katic as Detective Kate Beckett
- Jon Huertas as Detective Javier Esposito
- Seamus Dever as Detective Kevin Ryan
- Tamala Jones as Dr. Lanie Parish (credited only)
- Ruben Santiago-Hudson as Captain Roy Montgomery
- Molly Quinn as Alexis Castle
- Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers
- Michael McKean as Victor Baron
- Arye Gross as Sidney Perlmutter
- Sasha Roiz as Bobby Stark
- Amanda Schull as Joy Jones
- Jonathan Slavin as Justin Hankel
- Bellamy Young as Candace Ford
- Ken Baumann as Ashley Linden
- Judith Scott as Evelyn Montgomery
- Terrell Clayton as Dax Lattimer
- William Francis McGuire as Dan Middleberry
- Teri Polo as Kayla Baron
- Krystal Joy Brown as Sasha
- Stephanie Lynn as Amber Middleberry
- Rosero McCoy as Felix
- Nan McNamara as Stage Mother
- Castle: She decided it was worth the risk and she is going to just keep showing up.
- Beckett: That's a good choice.
- Castle: The best thing to get a woman is something she said she wanted when she didn't think you were listening.
- Montgomery: What if I wasn't listening?
- Ashley: Mr. Castle, have you ever been crazy about someone who is determined to push you away?
- Beckett: Hey Castle - oh, sorry guys.
- Castle: No...uh... It’s okay. Um… Ashley, I’m sorry, I do have to go.
- Beckett: Ryan. Give me everything you got on Jeremy Keiper.
- Ryan (to Jenny): I'm sorry, baby.
- "Born This Way" - Lady Gaga
- "I Will Think of You" - Laura Browne Sorenson
- Baron's alibi was that he was having drinks with Councilman Bollinger. This was the candidate to replace Jeff Horn in Hell Hath No Fury, implying that Bollinger won the election.
- Nothing could be more ironic than using Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" in a beauty pageant. They are most certainly not born the way they portray themselves and are instead the epitome of the kind of stereotype the song opposes.
- According to Captain Montgomery, he states that he and his wife have been married for 30 years.
- After Montgomery tells everyone he's retiring, Beckett fills Castle in on the fact he retires all the time, just give it a week or two and then says "he's not going anywhere". Additionally, she says Montgomery like "the Brett Favre of the NYPD," a play on Favre's claims of retirement from the NFL before his actual retirement in 2010.
- Castle's remark "I love the smell of hairspray in the morning. It smells of ... victory." is a reference to the movie Apocalypse Now.
- This is Ashley's last appearance on screen, though he will still be mentioned in future episodes.