|Publication date||September 16, 2014|
|Published by||Hyperion Books|
| Preceded by|
| Followed by|
An illegal immigrant falls from the sky and NYPD Homicide Detective Nikki Heat's investigation into his death quickly captures the imagination of her boyfriend the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist, Jameson Rook. When he decides to work the case with Heat as his next big story, Nikki is at first happy to have him ride along.
Yes, she must endure Rook's usual wild conspiracy speculations and adolescent wisecracks, but after reuniting following his recent assignment abroad, she's glad for the entertainment, the chance to bounce ideas, and just to be close to him again and feel the old spark rekindle. But when Rook's inquiry concludes that Detective Heat has arrested the wrong man for the murder, everything changes.
Balancing her high stakes job with a complicated romance has been a challenge ever since Nikki fell for the famous reporter. Now, her relationship lurches from mere complexity into sharp conflict over the most high-risk case of her career. Set against the raging force of Hurricane Sandy as it pounds New York, Heat battles an ambitious powerbroker, fights a platoon of urban mercenaries, and clashes with the man she loves. Detective Heat knows her job is to solve murders. She just worries that solving this one will be the death of her relationship.
- The book was released along with, or after, Wild Storm.("Montreal")
- The dedication was addressed to Kate Beckett. It reads "TO KB—The stars above us, the world at our feet." It is a reference to their original wedding venue, which had a 360-degree view of Manhattan. The same line was spoken by Castle to Alexis in For Better or Worse.
- The acknowledgments of the book were apparently written by a junior editor, citing Castle's unavailability as a reason, possibly due to his disappearance at the time. The date at the end of the acknowledgments was May 12, 2014 (eight months after his set wedding to Beckett and disappearance within the series), which could be a continuity error.
- Raging Heat on Richard Castle's site
- Raging Heat on Goodreads
- Raging Heat order page on Amazon.com
- Coming Soon on ABC.go.com