|Season 5, Episode 13|
|Air date||Febuary 4, 2013|
|Written by||Rob Hanning & Cooper McMains|
|Directed by||Tom Wright|
While investigating the murder of a young woman, Castle and Beckett find evidence that links her death with Senator William H. Bracken (guest star Jack Coleman returns), the man responsible for Beckett's mother's murder. Determined to finally bring Bracken to justice, Beckett soon realizes that things are far more complicated than they seem.
- Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle
- Stana Katic as Detective Kate Beckett
- Jon Huertas as Detective Javier Esposito
- Seamus Dever as Detective Kevin Ryan
- Tamala Jones as Dr. Lanie Parish
- Penny Johnson Jerald as Captain Victoria Gates
- Molly Quinn as Alexis Castle (credit only)
- Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers (credit only)
- Jack Coleman as Senator William Bracken
- Michael Dorn as Dr. Carter Burke
- Brett Rickaby as Robert McManus
- Erin Krakow as Julie Rogers
- Matt Kaminsky as Evan Howard
- David Grant Wright as Ben Moss
- Kristin Carey as Sheila Bracken
- Darren Dupree Washington as Security Aide
- Aaron Norvell as Officer
- J. Anthony McCarthy as Hotel Manager
- Michael A. DiBacco as Store Owner
- Elizabeth Pan as Reporter #1
- Bryan Okes Fuller as Reporter #2
- Hart Boykin as Homeless Man
- Ann Hu as Audio Tech
- G. Grant Jewett as Noah Charles
- Beckett: This is it, Castle. This is my chance to finally make him pay. (talk about Bracken)
- Castle: But we have to be cautious. We know what happens to people who go after him.
- Beckett: Except this time he doesn’t know we’re on to him. We’ve got the advantage here.
- Castle: Do we? What do you think he’s going to do when he sees you coming?
- Beckett: He’ll slip up eventually, and when he does, I’ll be ready.
- Watch for: Senator Bracken's reaction when Beckett closes the door behind them.
- In this episode Beckett ends up saving Bracken's life and he states that he now owes her. Very likely he'll have the opportunity to repay her.