|Birthday||April 26, 1978|
|Birth Place||Hamilton, Ontario, Canada|
|Appearances||List of Appearances|
Stana (pronounced stah-na) was born in Canada to parents that originally hail from the Dalmatian Coast in Croatia. Her father is Serbian, and her mother is Croatian; both immigrated to Canada from Croatia. Stana is named after her grandmother, with the name relating to the "evil eye" as a means of warding off bad things. She is the oldest child, and has four brothers and one sister.
Raised mostly in Canada, Stana also lived for a time in Aurora, Illinois. She attended West Aurora Senior High School, and graduated in June 1996. Stana can speak four languages: French, English, Serbo-Croatian (including different dialects), and Italian. She also says that she can "babble" a little in Greek.
Before playing Detective Kate Beckett, Stana played the characters of Hana Gitelman in Heroes and Collette Stenger in season 5 of 24. She was also featured in the James Bond film Quantum of Solace (2008), in which she played "Corrine Veneau", a Canadian agent and girlfriend of the villain. In 2008, Stana founded her own production company called Sine Timore Productions.
- Birth name: Stana Katic
- Astrological sign: Taurus
- Height: 5' 9" (1.75 m)
- Eye color: hazel
- Nationality: Canadian
- Cultural heritage: Serbian
- Much like her character Kate Beckett, Stana is an avid reader.
- According to Stana, her middle name is not Jaqueline, and she doesn't know where that rumor started.
- Stana has dual citizenship in Canada and the United States
- In 2012, Maxim's magazine Hot 100 list of beautiful women, Stana was ranked numder 80.
- In 2013, Maxim's Hot 100 list ranked Stana as number 60.