|Season 2, Episode 13|
|Air date||January 18, 2010|
|Written by||Will Beall|
|Directed by||Tom Wright|
The case of the murder of Jack Coonan, an enforcer for a Irish gang, takes a terribly personal turn when Lanie Parish and Clark Murray uncover an undeniable connection between the case and Johanna Beckett's unsolved murder. As the investigation plays out, Beckett comes to terms not only with her grief for her mother, but with feelings that will impact her relationship with Castle.
- Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle
- Stana Katic as Detective Kate Beckett
- Jon Huertas as Detective Javier Esposito
- Seamus Dever as Detective Kevin Ryan
- Tamala Jones as Dr. Lanie Parish
- Ruben Santiago-Hudson as Captain Roy Montgomery
- Molly C. Quinn as Alexis Castle
- Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers
- Jay R. Ferguson as Dick Coonan
- Eddie Shin as Johnny Vong
- James Cosmo as Finn Rourke
- Scott Paulin as Jim Beckett
- Robert Picardo as Dr. Clark Murray
- Danny Nucci as Gilbert Mazzara
- Patrick St. Esprit as Emmett Forrest
- Jenna Leigh Green as Molly Dearing
- John Brantley Cole Jr. as Officer Clayton Lee
- Mark Adair-Rios as Mario "Trucho" Mendoza
- Bernard Addison as Attorney
- Glenn Keogh as Tommy
- Tom Morga as Tall Guy
- Justin Alvarez as Jack Coonan (uncredited)
- Erin Pickett as Housewife (uncredited)
- Castle: I overstepped. I came down here to say that I was sorry, and that I'm through. I can't shadow you anymore. If it wasn't for me...
- Beckett: If it wasn't for you I would have never found my mom’s killer and someday soon I’m gonna find the sons of bitches who had Coonan kill her and I’d like you around when I do. And if you tell anyone what I’m about to say, there’s gonna be another shooting, but – I've gotten used to you pulling my pigtails. I've a hard job, Castle, and having you around makes it a little more fun.
- Castle: Your secret’s safe with me.
- "The End" - Pearl Jam
- Castle's use of a reverse head-butt to stun a man holding him at gunpoint is a reprise of the same situation in Flowers For Your Grave, except that this time the safety was not on the whole time.
- It was the first time Castle called Beckett by her first name, Kate, when addressing her.
- We meet Jim Beckett (Scott Paulin), Kate's dad.
- Ryan's a little too interested in Johnny Vong tapes.
- At the beginning of the episode Castle turns the TV on to Johnny Vong using the remote, a few moments later Beckett turn the TV off also using a remote. Castle is still holding the remote he used.
- This is the first episode we see Beckett kill someone.
- ↑ Credited at the end of episode as Molly