|Under the Gun|
|Season 3, Episode 3|
|Air date||October 4, 2010|
|Written by||Alexi Hawley|
|Directed by||Bryan Spicer|
With the latest case of a murdered bail bondsman, Beckett discovers that Castle's wild imagination and theories may be on the mark. Beckett's ex-partner makes a surprise arrival and Castle is forced to watch the two reminisce and engage in a little romance.
- Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle
- Stana Katic as Detective Kate Beckett
- Jon Huertas as Detective Javier Esposito
- Seamus Dever as Detective Kevin Ryan
- Tamala Jones as Dr. Lanie Parish
- Ruben Santiago-Hudson as Captain Roy Montgomery (credited only)
- Molly Quinn as Alexis Castle
- Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers
- Jason Beghe as Mike Royce
- Keith Robinson as Random Pierce
- Sophina Brown as Brooke Carver
- James Handy as Clifford Stuckey
- Brian Krause as Father Aaron Low
- Unknown actor as Deon Carver
- Beckett: Well, bikes are what girls want when we realize that we’re never going to get a pony.
- Castle: Did you have one?
- Beckett: I still do. ’94 Harley soft tail. Worked all of high school to pay for it.
- Castle: And how did your parents feel about it?
- Beckett: Well, my dad threatened to send me to a nunnery. And my mom just shook her head and said, "Katie, every time you ride that thing, just remember how much you hate hearing me tell you 'I told you so'."
- Ryan: You know, if this were a horror movie, we'd be the first ones killed, splitting off like this.
- Esposito: Yeah, except we're not a couple of top-heavy co-eds out looking for fun. We're highly-trained officers of the law, with enough firepower to take out a horde of undead.
- Ryan: Hispanic and cocky. Yeah, you definitely die first.
- Castle: You know, if this were a horror movie,...
- Beckett: Castle, focus.
- Ryan: Shut up and get in the box.
- Beckett: But you tell him about the karaoke stakeout, I'm gonna tell him what happen with the monkey.
- Esposito: Did he?
- Castle: Did you?
- Beckett: No.
- Beckett: What did I tell you about feeding the animals?
- "Healing Hands" - Citizen Cope
- It's revealed in this episode that Beckett while in High School, she worked through school to buy herself a 94 Harley Davidson Softail which she still has today.
- Castle's mention of being "really close" with his CIA conspiracy hypothesis is a reference to "A Deadly Game".
- Beckett and Royce used be partners before she became a detective.
- When walking in the cemetery, Ryan and Castle talk about what happened in horror movies when they split up in cemetery and got worried.
- Alexis begged her dad for a Vespa scooter.
- Watch for: Beckett's face when she turns away from Castle after she tells him that her confession that she had been in love with Royce was just an act.